Navidrome can be used as a standalone server, that allows you to browse and listen to your music collection using a web browser.
It can also work as a lightweight Subsonic-API compatible server, that can be used with any Subsonic compatible client.
- Very low resource usage. Runs well even on simple Raspberry Pi Zero and old hardware setups
- Handles very large music collections
- Streams virtually any audio format available
- Reads and uses all your beautifully curated metadata
- Great support for compilations (Various Artists albums) and box sets (multi-disc albums)
- Multi-user, each user has their own play counts, playlists, favorites, etc..
- Multi-platform, runs on macOS, Linux and Windows. Docker images are also provided
- Ready to use, official, Raspberry Pi binaries and Docker images available
- Automatically monitors your library for changes, importing new files and reloading new metadata
- Themeable, modern and responsive Web interface based on Material UI and React-Admin
- Compatible with all Subsonic/Madsonic/Airsonic clients. See below for a list of tested clients
- Transcoding on the fly. Can be set per user/player. Opus encoding is supported
- Translated to 17 languages (and counting)
- Full support for playlists, with option to auto-import
.m3ufiles and to keep them in sync
- Smart/dynamic playlists (similar to iTunes). More info here
- Scrobbling to Last.fm, ListenBrainz and Maloja (via custom ListenBrainz URL)
- Sharing public links to albums/songs/playlists
- Reverse Proxy authentication*
- Jukebox mode allows playing music on an audio device attached to the server, and control from a client
Features supported by the Subsonic API
- Tag-based browsing/searching
- Simulated browsing by folders (see note below)
- Bookmarks (for Audiobooks)
- Starred (favourites) Artists/Albums/Tracks
- 5-Star Rating for Artists/Albums/Tracks
- Transcoding and Downsampling
- Get/Save Play Queue (to continue listening in a different device)
- Last.fm and ListenBrainz scrobbling
- Artist Bio from Last.fm
- Artist Images from Spotify (requires configuration)
- Album images and description from Last.fm
- Lyrics (currently only from embedded tags)
- Internet Radios
- Jukebox mode
- Shares (experimental support)
NOTENavidrome does not support browsing by folders, but simulates it based on the tags with a structure like:
Besides its own Web UI, Navidrome should be compatible with all Subsonic clients. The following clients are tested and confirmed to work properly:
For more options, look at the list of clients maintained by the Airsonic project.
This project is in active development. Expect a more polished experience and new features/releases on a frequent basis. Some upcoming features planned:
- Multiple Artists
- Multiple folders
- UI to edit Smart playlists
- Support more tags (including multi-valued tags)
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can make it even better.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.