Navidrome can be used as a standalone server, that allows you to browse and listen to your music collection using a web browser.
It can also work as a lightweight Subsonic-API compatible server, that can be used with any Subsonic compatible client.
- Very low resource usage. Runs well even on simple Raspberry Pi Zero and old hardware setups
- Handles very large music collections
- Streams virtually any audio format available
- Reads and uses all your beautifully curated metadata
- Great support for compilations (Various Artists albums) and box sets (multi-disc albums)
- Multi-user, each user has their own play counts, playlists, favorites, etc..
- Multi-platform, runs on macOS, Linux and Windows. Docker images are also provided
- Ready to use, official, Raspberry Pi binaries and Docker images available
- Automatically monitors your library for changes, importing new files and reloading new metadata
- Themeable, modern and responsive Web interface based on Material UI
- Compatible with all Subsonic/Madsonic/Airsonic clients. See below for a list of tested clients
- Transcoding on the fly. Can be set per user/player. Opus encoding is supported
- Translated to 17 languages (and counting)
- Full support for playlists, with option to auto-import
.m3ufiles and to keep them in sync
Features supported by the Subsonic API
- Tag-based browsing/searching
- Bookmarks (for Audiobooks)
- Starred Artists/Albums/Tracks
- 5-Star Rating
- Get/Save Play Queue (to continue listening in a different device)
- Artist Bio from Last.FM
- Artist Images from Spotify
Besides its own Web UI, Navidrome should be compatible with all Subsonic clients. The following clients are tested and confirmed to work properly:
- iOS: play:Sub, SubStreamer and iSub
- Android: DSub, Ultrasonic, Audinaut and SubStreamer
- Web: Aurial, Subplayer, Airsonic Refix, Jamstash and Subfire
- Desktop: Sublime Music (Linux/macOS)
- CLI: Jellycli (Windows/Linux) and STMP (Linux/macOS)
This project is in active development. Expect a more polished experience and new features/releases on a frequent basis. Some upcoming features planned:
- Last.FM scrobbling
- Smart/dynamic playlists (similar to iTunes)
- Jukebox mode
- Sharing links to albums/songs/playlists
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can make it even better.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.