Navidrome can use Last.fm to retrieve artists biographies, top songs, similar artists and album covers. It can also
send your scrobbles to Last.fm. For these features to work, you’ll need to set the
LastFM.Secret. You can obtain these values by creating a free API account in Last.fm:
- Go to https://www.last.fm/api/account/create and create an API account. Only the Application Name field is mandatory:
- After submitting the form, you can get the API Key and Shared Secret from the Account Created page:
- Copy the values above to your configuration file (or set them as environment variables)
Artist images can be retrieved from Spotify. You’ll need to set the config options
To obtain these values, create a free account in Spotify, then follow these steps:
- Click on the “Create app” button in Spotify’s Developer dashboard: https://developer.spotify.com/dashboard/applications:
- Fill the name and description fields, fill the “Redirect URI” field with
http://localhost/and click on the “Save” button:
- Go to “Settings”:
- Click “View client secret”:
- Copy the values of ID and secret to your configuration file (or set them as environment variables):
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can make it even better.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.